Friday, March 25, 2011

Dressing Up

Just finished up my first dress form....Wasn't for sure how it would turn out at first so I didn't take photos during the process...I am hoping to do a tutorial on the next group that I make...These are very simple to create...I will share the directions in the meantime...Find a dress form that you like...I borrowed this one from a store in our local mall...If you do borrow, make sure you take extra special care...I was also lucky when I gave my proposal to the manager of Victoria's Secret and was gave a nice dress form from their showroom to keep...WOW....Wrap the dress form with cling wrap completely as to not damage their form if borrowed...after wrapping securely, I proceeded to tear off masking tape bought from the local walmart...Place strips over entire form layering until you have used the entire roll for durability....Leave opening at top of neck and bottom of form...Once finished, slip scissors underneath back of form at bottom and cut up to the neck so that you can release from the from...one lifted from form...use your masking tape to seal back up your slit...I made a pattern with newspaper for the size of the neck and base and cut from plywood using a jigsaw and painted....stuffed form with shredded newspaper very tightly and hot glued my base and neck in....you may use a decoration, knob or finial for the neck ....Make sure you drill your hole if you include this option in the neck before gluing in place or you may glue to top of wood if you like...Now you are ready to paper mache your choice of papers to the form...I used the damask gift tissue on this particular form...so easy to put on with a small bucket of wallpaper paste or you can use decoupage...tissue paper seems to smooth out easily compared to gift wrap or thicker papers...decorate with your choice of ribbons and embellishments. Again I will try to work up a tutorial on one of these in the next few days...Plenty more to make as I am planning a Paris theme for an upcoming art show....so Check Back Soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if
you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Feel free to visit my page :: http://www.bipolardisorderwiki.com/