Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas With The Russell's

I have really enjoyed decorating for the holidays this year....a feeling I haven't felt in quite some time...We were recovering from a fire that we had in November 2009....For the first time in years, we were not able to have our traditional gathering at our home and I was devastated....After a long year of cleaning and getting our home back in order Christmas was just around the corner knocking at my behind...so I incorporated the cleaning with my own touch of decorating at the same time...I was decorating everything in site....I was ready for the spirit of Christmas to get a hold of me...I cleaned out every seasonal piece I could find from boxes, closets, the basement and even found a few items in the craft room...I had decor that was sooo old, I don't even remember when it was purchased....but they were finding a new home this year...out of the darkness and into the light....
I wanted to share with you before taking them down...If they don't come down soon...we will be having Christmas in July at the Russell's

This was my white tree that I placed in the craft room...It was great to have something brighten up my work space...After searching high and low for pink Christmas balls for the tree with no luck of finding any...I decided it was nothing I couldn't handle with a can of pink spray paint in hand and some glass silver balls...

I have been struggling with this particular area but needed a quick fix for the holidays....A mirror and old frame that I had recently purchased for the upstairs bath which I later changed my mind and some silk poinsettia's was a last minute ditch effort


Yes, it is a Christmas tree in the Bathroom...but I loved it....This room just seen a full remodel and I was excited to decorate it this year...



 Matching garland and ornaments matching the color scheme adorned our newly added dresser sink cabinet...
I enjoyed decorating dresser's with garland and lights...I added a Santa and Roses painting that I completed a few years ago...finally a home he has found....


This little tree was an outdoor decor before losing a leg...But no worries....Placed in a large urn vase and now as good as new....

Adorned this dresser with a long lost stocking , Santa and Roses Decor that I designed on an old cabinet door and added some pink and mauve flower stems to the tree....


Moving on to another section in the hallway....I added garland, lights, pine sprigs and large pink glitter hologram poinsettia's to the double doors.....some ornaments in the cabinet and it's always refreshing to have some real pink potted poinsettia's to set around....It is getting harder every year to find these...My Favorite....

Aaah !! The living room...The most quiet and peaceful room in our home....It is the least used room in the house so...YES...the Christmas decor stays up...Year Round...My husband decided to take everything down one year...Thought it should be a normal room through the year...My thought..Go ahead...but you will put it back up next year...The next year rolled around...he put everything back up and said he would NEVER take it down again....

I have had this little sleigh for many years sitting in the floor with a little rag doll and pine cones in it....Picked up some new ideas from a local antique shop I visit quite frequently and decided to add a small tree with some lights and ornaments this year...


We lost our Christmas Tree during our house fire...When shopping for a replacement...I fell in love with the more slender trees and I was able to add an extra foot...Yes ! More room for ornaments... 


A close up picture of the ornaments and as always...My Grandmother...Front and Center....I sooo dearly miss her... but much more during the holidays....

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...hoping soon St. Nick would be there...I closed off our fireplace with a Battenburg Curtain...added some red flameless candles....garland, lights and lots of decor....

Looking back to the entrance of the living room...I have recently started a collage of frames which will Star the Family...Garland and lights adorn the entrance ways and placed curtains over an entryway not in use at this moment...

I purchased my pink tree a few years ago on clearance after the holidays...This was the first year that it has been displayed and decorated...

Our headboard is an Antique Fireplace Mantle that I really enjoyed decorating with some lights, garland, and bulbs...Gives off a beautiful glow at night for a Romantic Love Affair....


Another dresser adorned with lights, garland, poinsettia's and Christmas picks...

This was a rose topiary I made several years ago...added some lights...ready for the holidays...

Staircase adorned with lights, garland, grapevine and many flower and Christmas picks....

The clock was decorated with some large silver bells and a swag of Christmas greenery...

I picked up this tiered serving piece at the auction just in time for the holidays....threw in some roses and Christmas bulbs to jazz it up a bit....

Lots of goodies on the Sofa Table...Love the glass vase that was a gift for Christmas from one of my Besties...She knew exactly what to buy...I added a small burlap trip to an old vintage powder box...Painted a two tiered stand in silver in blue to match the holiday kitchen decor....Loved the glass cake pedestals I picked up at our local Walmart....shopped the consignment and thrift store for old dome cheese trays...domes work perfect on these little pedestals...

This was a recent project I just tackled...I would like to thank my friend Lynette for helping me design....This particular corner inside my den entrance has been an eyesore for 6 years...Nothing I placed there ever seemed right....What a better way to fill it in...Pictures of my children that I can walk by and adore...I picked up this vintage chandelier for a bargain price, rewired with plug in cord...Added some greenery and hanging bulbs to give it some pizazz....Finally...a happy place...  

Oh, the hangout area of the house...The Den...


The fireplace in the den is unusable and an eyesore...After searching for many days for the right size curtain to hang....i remembered some material that I seen tucked away in my craft room...Red and Shiny...It was perfect for Christmas...Gave it a few stitches and extension rod and Wa La...

Christmas Tree in Den...

This wardrobe has been in my family since I was a small child...recently painted black...Love how the red poinsettia's accent this piece...

This was a garland entrance to my kitchen...Was not decorated in time for Christmas but gave an extra delight for our new year's eve party...My husband has been panicking...Will these be up all year....No dear...it will come down...

The Garland swag looked beautiful above my sink...One of my favorites this year...but Do I have to take it down, Honey..

I just threw a few extras I had left over into the hanging metal basket...

Always great to find a good deal after Christmas...Picked up this beautiful piece at our local Hobby Lobby at 90% off...Made a great table decor for the new years eve party...

No comments: