Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Be My Valentine

Will you please BE MINE !!! The past couple of days, I have just been browsing...The winter blues have been getting me down and I just felt the NEED to make something...Along came a couple of sites with some cute inexpensive ideas...something I could do with my little one to keep me from duct taping him in a closet...Bless his little heart...My husband has been working out of town a lot this month so I haven't had my back-up plan to help me out in the evenings...So, here I am off to search for our supplies...Loved this cute Valentine's Advent Calendar

Picked up this plastic heart platter from our local Walmart..

You will need two packs of heart containers...total of 14 hearts....I was in search of different hearts but had to settle with these for the moment...as usual ...I find what I am looking for after the project is complete...lol

Purchase a bag of chocolate heart candy or any Valentines candy will work...

Since the platter and the plastic hearts were both red...we decided to decoupage some scrap booking paper to our plate to break up the design...

I purchased an extra plate to complete one for myself at a later date with some Vintage paper...Shhhhh !!

We then hot glued the 14 hearts onto the plate and placed a heart candy in each....


My little guy placed all the lids on his containers...I am sure there is one or two empty by now...


After all lids were attached...we embellished them with paper hearts and roses...add some numbers and.....
waaalaaa....Our countdown to Valentine's Day !!!

No comments: